Tuesday, December 05, 2006

gore no more?

so it looks like gore vidal is sold out at the skirball. john and I are still going to try to go and see if there are standing room tickets available, because gore's, like, old and shit and there probably won't be too many other opportunities to see him speak. is it crazy to battle rush hour traffic to drive all the way across town to most probably get the tara-reid-treatment-at-hyde just on the off chance we can see the old kook speak one last time before he kicks it? I guess so. but what else are we going to do with our time?


totally unrelated but my parents have bought me the greatest chanukah gift ever - its especially indulgent this year because they feel grateful for some of the post-surgery help. I should mention that in my family, chanukah is a minor, minor holiday. we buy gifts for the kids and the adults take a name out of the hat. one gift for one person. its a relief, quite frankly. so I didn't expect anything more than a $50 gift certificate to sephora. instead, they splurged and I am so grateful: the le creuset dutch oven I've been lusting for in my favorite color - flame. now I am obligated to cook more for friends. soon I will be braising like a pro.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both Gore Vidal and my LeCruset dutch oven. We should get together and combine those loves and make something from the Myra Breckinridge Cookbook. I just so happen to have a copy.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger marissa said...

I thought at first that was a joke - a Myra Breckinridge Cookbook. shows how much I know. sounds awesome. I'm in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home