Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I spend all my time with old people

back in LA after a week in nyc. my father is recovering well from his surgery, albeit slowly. the week was hectic and I didn't get to do very much other than speak at a conference, and help care for my father. while I was there, I did have one afternoon free between the conference and taking my sister to dinner for her birthday (which was really excellent). so I managed to visit the morgan library since renzo piano's expansion. piano is one of my favorite architects - sure, he seems to be the go-to guy for any and all museum projects these days (LACMA, nasher, whitney), but his work is always elegant, classically beautiful, refined. he's the little black dress of architects. and his ability to marry diverse forms and buildings at the morgan library, gives me hope for the LACMA project.

but back to the title of this post. I've realized that because I have a somewhat flexible schedule, I wind up with a schedule similar to retirees. when I went to early voting, I was the youngest in the room by 30 years. same at the morgan library in the middle of a wednesday afternoon. ditto for trader joe's at 11am. pretty soon you'll see me at bingo night at the local rotary club. or making reservations for the early bird special at a sizzlin' steakhouse. or driving around 20 mph with my left blinker on for miles.

just a reminder of all the things I need to accomplish before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Old Here-
Come to my exhibit at Bert Green Fine Art during the next artwalk 12/7/06. You can hang with the young denizen of the downtown art scene, see who has bought what old bank to go condo and move onto Pete's cafe or any of the many whiskey bars of Sed Moses.

Linda LaBella Artist
www.bgfa.us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home