Saturday, June 10, 2006

docenting

did I mention my monthly docent duties at the schindler house are today? I'm hoping it will be slightly busier than the last couple of times - which competed with inclement weather and LA Times Book Festivals and Coachellas - making attendence at the house a trickle at best.

last night attended the design guide event at the new A+D Museum. missed everything at lacma and ace gallery and just spent a little time at the new museum. the event was just ok - impressive amount of money spent on an event completely open to the public, including the open bar and brazilian band, but it all felt a little forced. maybe I was just feeling off. I dont know.

tonight john and I are attending the 2x8 swell thing at the gas company lofts downtown and we're far more excited about the lofts than the student work, but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

to top off the theme of this weekend, I promised matteo I would stop by his friend's house in the hills tomorrow night to see the house while mtv italia shoots a promo or something there. as usual, I'm fuzzy on the details, but matteo insists I'll love the house. at some point this weekend, I also need to finish an article on media planning due mon. fun.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't just you - I went to the A+D party as well and felt there was something "off" about it too. I'm not sure what - maybe because of the convention there were just a lot of out-of-towners looking for free booze. It didn't help that amidst the dancing and drinking there were tables of people hawking their wares. The whole thing felt a little smarmy to me.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Los Angeles Lofts said...

i was at the swell thing. im with you, the lofts were awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home