Tuesday, February 06, 2007

schindler and scouts


on friday I gave a group tour at the schindler house to a group of girl scouts earning their architecture badges. I had no idea the girl scouts offer architecture badges, but there you have it. a group of 11-13 year old at the schindler house - a house that is challenging to understand as an adult, but they loved it. they were attentive, enthusiastic, asked me better questions than most tourists, and they LOVED the sleeping baskets. I dont know how much camping the girls do - I was never a girl scout - but they seemed to really love the concept of a house as a permanent campsite. living most of your life outdoors, sleeping on the roof, cooking on an open fire.

then today I received this great email from their group leader (who is also an architect):

The girl scouts LOVED the tour of the house. They are really excited about architecture and are going to design their own dream room.

Thanks again

made my day.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jess said...

That is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard. Maybe if I knew I could be an architecture nerd I would've joined the Girl Scouts. But then there's that whole outdoors component. So hmm, still not for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home