Wednesday, January 11, 2006

why I envy matteo

I've had a fairly good run with traveling lately - costa rica in nov, ny in dec, london later this month. but I still felt a twinge of envy when matteo told me he's heading to phoenix this weekend so stay at the arizona biltmore, one of the few still-extant hotels designed by frank lloyd wright in the US. or rather, "consulted" on by FLW with his former student albert macarthur. (do the concrete "textile blocks" look familiar?) and while matteo gets to enjoy the arizona desert, he also gets to ogle great italian design. of course, this is all "work" for him but it beats my last few days staring at hundreds of pages of survey data.
and jess isn't helping my wanderlust any either, with her recent virtual (gastronomic) tour through south america.

london can't come soon enough.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger marissa said...

he sounds more like, um, a chef's chef. and a media darling. I don't think I could handle it. liver - sure, but even tripe is too much for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home