Tuesday, June 28, 2005

touring the hood

got into JFK at 6:30 this morning and the van wyck was packed. so I asked my father to drive thru the streets to get to their new place on long island. it also gave me the chance to drive through my old neighborhood - I grew up on the border of flushing and jamaica. here is a photo tour through jamaica, land of a 1,000 car parts.


a graveyard for cars...



...and people



in brooklyn these lofts would sell for a $1 million each


and in case you were wondering, the mural is in front of a construction site


and this one is for rudy.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought it was odd that Queens had so many cemeteries -- the land was probably cheaper. My whole family lived in Queens. I have no idea why the ones who passed on are buried in -- New Jersey.

And thanks for writing back! I knew you would. Actually, I found Hilary's blog through you. I think I was searching for "Los Angeles architecture" and found you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home