Wednesday, October 19, 2005

more chicken little

just a day or two after aram lectured me on the dangers of avian flu and the inevitable pandemic, followed by dinner with john on the importance of preparing my disaster kit for the inevitable earthquake/flooding/tidal wave/pandemic/fill-in-the-blank-disaster, Democracy Now interviews Mike Davis on his new book - about what else?- avian flu. I only hope my sister finishes med school and can get me some tamiflu before the pandemic hits.

on a slightly lighter note, john gave me a larger print of his beautiful photo of the wolff house as a housewarming gift. can't wait to hang it.
john hoffman, 2005

5 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2099-1813695,00.html

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Jewish mother made me paranoid so when I had a doctor's appointment last week, I asked for an Rx for Tamiflu. Went to the pharmacy to get it filled the day after Yom Kippur and I was the 50th person on the waiting list--they were only getting 100 more doses. You may want to go now...

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger amanda said...

have you heard about the venice dog flu outbreak?

http://www.venicepaper.net/pmt_comments.php?id=155_0_1_0_C

scary stuff...

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the Peruvian roach flu? It’s the worst of them all. It makes the avian flu seem like a hangnail.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

Whoa.

I don't LIKE chickens, and I still could have done without the Poultry D'Arc shot. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home