Monday, September 12, 2005

I saw my laptop flash before my eyes

I've been away from the computer for a little while, not by choice. fri afternoon my hard drive decided it had had enough and pretty much had a major meltdown. I thought I had lost all of my files. client work, book proposal, photos, the entire second season of entourage - all gone. after a restless night and an early morning, let's call it a disagreement, with C over the fact I had not backed up my laptop in ages, he promised to help fix it.

and fix it he did. he earned his self-appointed nicknames: "the divine mr. C" as well as "joe kickass." all my data has been recovered and I've spent the last 14 hours straight rebuilding windows, copying my files back onto my laptop from my brand-spanking new external hard drive, and reconfiguring my wireless connection. fortunately, I only lost power a min or two in the outage. except I can't get the wireless adapter to work and now I'm frustrated and angry. and the divine mr. c doesn't know the first thing about wireless so now I need to find a new IT guy. any volunteers?

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggers react to Oracle's 'desperate' move
This article incorrectly attributed comments from Techdirt to an online aggregation site.
Interesting blog
If you are looking for a free internet marketing system.
Come and check it out if you a spare moment

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger aram said...

i'd be glad to help w/ wifi. btw, you have to take some precautions against comment spam on this site...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home