Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm cranky

I'm going to palm springs this weekend and I expect it to be cooler there than it currently is in my apartment. I have central air, theoretically but I can't remember when it last worked. and my thermostat reads 85 degrees. and my building manager is incompetent. so one more night without AC. oh, and I also chose the one weekend all year palm springs is expected to have thunderstorms - in the desert.

additionally, I hurt my back recently, (possibly in yoga?), and standing up straight requires a deep breath and a calm, meditative reminder that I can overcome pain with just the power of my mind. and advil. and icy hot. yes - the hottest - and coldest spot - in my apartment is on the patch on my back.

at least my hotel has great mid-century modern furniture. and if all else fails, there's always gambling.

5 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what hotel? very cool!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger marissa said...

I sneakily hid a link to the hotel in the post but here it is: http://www.palmspringsbungalows.com/stay/

looks great. I've heard good things.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger marissa said...

oh, and the outlet shopping does rock. last time I went, I spent too much time in the prada outlet hoping to find shoes in my size. unfortunately, everything was for women with clown feet. just huge. so I treated myself to a few bags at the barneys outlet. bags and shoes - they're my weakness.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palm Springs is for vicious Republican golf zombies! Go drive around the Salton Sea (before you and your gluttonous Angelenos drink it all!) Or go to Joshua Tree before they put a 7-11 in.

Sorry bout your back. Sympathy.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger marissa said...

for some reason, your comment rudy came to my email from "unknown" and I said to myself - that HAS to be rudy. sho nuff....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home