Monday, June 20, 2005

latest fetish object

I have a lot of shoes. a lot. and not an insignificant amount of sneakers, even though the two "sports" I practice either don't require sneakers (yoga) or don't require the ones I usually buy (hiking) because the soles are too flat. and yetI keep buying them.

here is my latest fetish object:

except instead of orange those stripes are black and there are some gold stripes in places. completely useless. overpriced (even on sale). but beautiful (despite the unkind words C had for them). once again, form usurps function.

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

Those are cute! I love gym shoes, and also have way too many pair.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger marissa said...

thanks! I will have to join you on one of your walks since I have no other use for these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home