Sunday, May 22, 2005

more notches in my belt

two seminal events this weekend in my ongoing "investigation," let's call it, of what it is to be a real angeleno. first, my first dodger's game (they lost to the los angeles angels of anaheim. its not only a mouthful but also a tautology: "the los angeles angels" translates to "the the angels angels.") there was something a little surreal about driving to the game. I've never had to do that before. yankee games were always just a 20 min train ride from hell's kitchen.

second, I went to palm springs for the first time, where it was a balmy 104 degrees. why, you ask? to get a private tour of john lautner's elrod house made famous in diamonds are forever (although, you, too, can see the house for the bargain price of $8k+ for three nights stay). I will be posting photos I took at the house over the next few days. but here is one to whet the appetite.


view

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics marissa!
I've added your album & blog to my links page.
thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home