Tuesday, January 02, 2007

new year's resolutions

I got back to LA a few days ago after ten days in nyc. ten very hectic, but not very cold days. and as always, coming back to LA is always a relief. after over three years here, I still don't take the weather for granted. I'm still amazed by clear skies, sunlight and warmth. I still feel giddy when I see roses and jasmine in bloom in january.

this trip was mostly about seeing friends and family, so there was very little in the way of "culture" - high or low. I did manage to make it to cooper hewitt with my sister and johanna to see the design triennial. at this point, the cooper hewitt has become a xmas tradition for my sister and me. my favorite piece in the show was by joshua davis - and I'm sorely tempted to order a print of his from his gallery in barcelona (pictured above). ironically, his studio is just a mile or two from my parent's house.

so this is the time of year everyone makes their new years resolutions and I've been determined to only make resolutions I can actually keep, since my resolve is weak. so so weak.

thus, my new years resolutions are all media-related, as in, I am determined to consume MORE media:
  • watch battlestar galactica from the beginning. I've watched the miniseries/pilot - now I'm determined to catch up via netflix.
  • ditto for the wire.
  • read the power broker. this is the one that might actually take most of 2007.
I feel like I had a few others, but I forget already. ok, maybe I'll throw one non-media related one in there. I really should take calcium.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger John Hill said...

I'm right there with you on #3. I started it last year and am now about 1/3 the way through it. I MUST get it done this year!

So far I have to say it's an amazing book, not only for the story but the writing and the author's points of view.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home