Tuesday, February 14, 2006

tagged! a departure

I'm not usually a fan of memes spread across the blogosphere - they always struck me a slightly self-indulgent, but this looked like a fun one, so I'm glad jess tagged me:

Four Jobs I've Had in My Life:

  1. art gallery intern
  2. envelope opener in a large warehouse
  3. advertising account executive
  4. media analyst
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:

1. The Jerk
2. Clueless
3. amorres perros
4. bad education

I guess a little high, a little low. and I clearly have a thing for gael garcia bernal.

Four Places I’ve Lived other than L.A. (with food memories from each)

1. Flushing, NY: this is all about my grandmother's cooking: chicken soup, braised cabbage, roast chicken, kasha varnishkas - jewish cooking.
2. Binghamton, NY: not many happy food memories here. um, bad dining hall food and an olive garden? actually best food memory: friday happy hours at number 5 - a converted firehouse restaurant. we couldn't believe we had to spend an outrageous $4 for a beer but they put out a free spread that included roast turkey, ham, you name it. it was manna from heaven for a poor college student.
3. Hell's Kitchen, NY: my favorite delivery: afghan kebab house. I ordered from there at least once a week, and began to force all my friends to order with me after 9/11 because I feared they might face undue discrimination - and if they closed down, I would be devastated.
4. London, UK: the chorizo sandwich at borough market imported from spain. the chocolate and hazelnut biscuits at carlucci's. great thai above a pub. living on curry row in shoreditch. dinner at OXO tower with my parents for my 30th birthday. man, I have a lot of good food memories there.

Four TV Shows I Love to Watch:

1. Veronica Mars
2. Lost
3. Project Runway
4. How to Cook Everything: Bittman Takes on America's Chefs

almost impossible to choose just four. my tivo works overtime. but as you can see, wed is a big TV night for me since the top 3 are all on that night.

Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:

1. Costa Rica
2. Greece
3. Japan
4. Turkey

Four Websites I Visit Daily:

1. Design Sponge
2. A Daily Dose of Architecture
3. Go Fug Yourself
4. Defamer

plenty of MSM also, but decided to list the blogs I love.

Four of My Favorite Foods:

This is a tough one for me. hard to choose just 4.
1. xia long bao (but generally any filling wrapped in pasta - dumplings, ravioli, perogi, etc)
2. chicken soup
3. pizza. (but not any of the pizza in LA.)
4. any grilled meat - kebab, korean bbq, churrasco, southern bbq. fire + meat = crazy delicious.

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:

1. London in the summer, walking around hampstead heath
2. new york in the fall, hanging out in brooklyn with friends
3. china, esp shanghai - bc I've never been and it seems like a crazy, exciting time to visit china
4. brazil - again, bc I've never been and I love the food, the people, the music, the martial arts, the dancing, the thongs.

Four Tags:

1. Rudayday, because he loves food and traveling.
2. David Card, to see if he'll use his corporate blog to do this.
3. Joe, because we like the same TV shows and its been a while since he's posted.
4. krucoff. because he's krucoff.

I think I might need more girl friends. one of the occupational hazards of working in technology, I guess. all the bloggers are boys.

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"fire + meat = crazy delicious"

brilliant.

LOL!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger marissa said...

everything I know about LA I learned from clueless. its the first time I had even heard of fred segal.

as for the food, I probably should have mentioned bacon. I love anything with bacon - a friend of mine insists its a jewish girl thing. he's never met a jewish girl who doesnt love the traif.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home