Tuesday, November 15, 2005

long overdue lorcan update


its been months since I actually uploaded some photos of habitat 825's construction site. but this morning, I was at the schindler house to give a tour to a student group, so I snapped a few photos of the site. and its progressed significantly. the construction is now up to street level - I missed a few weeks of construction and its hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like there is a sub-ground level - not sure what's down there since I'm not used to buildings in LA that have a basement. and as a sidenote, the gehry-designed ticketmaster building on sunset (the afterthought to new york's headquarter) looks almost ready to open, except the lobby of the east side is still unfinished and looks a little like a rubble-strewn house in kashmir. unless that's what gehry intended - sometimes its hard to tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home