Wednesday, March 30, 2005

book meme

I've never been tagged before, so here is my first meme, courtesy of Superfluous Juxtaposition. I feel like a real blogger now.

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

its been a very long time since I read this book - I think I was about 10 when my father took away my children's library card and insisted the library give me an adult card - thus beginning an extended ray bradbury/isaac asimov phase (again, insisted upon by my father). but a little quick google research seems to imply this isn't what book do I want to see burned - its what book do I want to see preserved for all time. that's a tough one. so I'll give this one to my all-time favorite children's story (that I was forced to abandon to read 451): From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Yes, Holden Caulfield.

3. The last book you bought is:

The last one I bought is Death and Life of Great American Cities. I also recently purchased on sale at the taschen store in beverly hills two koolhaas books, Project on the City 1 and 2. and I had a birthday a month ago, where I received A field guide to sprawl, everyday italian, and french women dont get fat so I have a lot of reading to do soon.

4. The last book you read:

most recently finished Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling.

5. What are you currently reading?

Death and Life of Great American Cities. and a whole lot of US weekly, In Touch and Star.

6. Five books you would take to a deserted island.

this is another tough one. do I take books I've already read and loved and can read over and over again? or do I take ones I havent read that I should?

a combination of both:

to kill a mockingbird. holden caulfield isnt my only fictional crush. Atticus Finch (esp in the guise of gregory peck) will always have a special place in my heart. I can read it again and again.

a confederacy of dunces. because I haven't, its long, and I've heard I should.

easy riders, raging bulls. again, another one I'd like to read again so I can memorize some of the best anecdotes. and its so much better than down and dirty pictures.

The purpose driven life. ha. that's a joke.

behind the scenes at the museum: a novel. has perhaps the greatest opening line I've ever read. and its been years since I read it.

extremely loud and incredibly close. because I loved safran foer's first novel and the new yorker seemed to like this one. so this goes under the file - haven't read yet but plan to.

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Jessica because she has impeccable taste. Rudy because he reads more than anyone I know. and aram because he needs to think about books that don't reference Lacan, Heidegger or Marx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home