Tuesday, March 07, 2006

entertaining guests in LA - suggestions welcome

a good friend from new york is coming for a visit this weekend. when I have friends and family here from ny, I tend to over-plan, over-itininerize and generally become an overwrought, one-woman welcome wagon to this city. this time, we only have two things planned: a trip to the getty (in brentwood) and reservations at AOC on sat. my friend has been to LA before, but she hasnt been to either of those two places. I had suggested she bring clothes for hiking and yoga but the weather doesn't look likely to cooperate. so I'm asking readers for suggestions: where would you take friends visiting LA on rainy days? we're already holding off on pedicures until she gets here as a back-up rainy weather plan B. please email or post suggestions in the comments for cool things to do/places to see when the weather blows.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I had some friends in town from MI and it poured the whole time they were here. I took them to the Improv on a Saturday night, and they had the best time ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home